Cemfree, zero-cement designed concrete is a practical sustainable solution for today’s construction industry.
Cemfree activates 95% ground blast furnace slag (GGBS) producing an ultra-low carbon alternative to concrete mix designs that traditionally use Portland cement.
Cemfree is an innovative and viable solution to reducing the carbon legacy of concrete, the world’s most widely used construction material.
A practical definition of sustainable structural concrete is that it should;
- Remove the CO2 legacy of concrete
- Provide greater long-term durability
- Require less steel reinforcement
- Have a lower water demand
- Have greater dimensional stability
- Be more thermally efficient than traditional concrete
Cemfree, zero-cement concrete incorporates all of these advantages and is the world’s first truly sustainable, structural concrete.